Texas is hot. While many of us certainly enjoy our favorite summer activities and vacations, the heat can make your home’s bills skyrocket. Fortunately, there’s a lot of options to pursue to not only ease your bills, but make your family stay cool and comfortable as well.
Follow the tips below for all things about efficient electricity you can do at home, often without the help of an electrician, during this texas summer:
Reduce Lighting Costs:
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs). CFLs use 75% less electricity and produce 90% less heat.
- Make sure bulbs do not exceed the recommended wattage indicated on the light socket.
- One larger wattage bulb is more efficient than two smaller wattage bulbs.
- Directed light, such as for reading, is more efficient than brightly lighting an entire room.
- Clean light bulbs regularly.
Read more: https://www.texasishot.org/quick-tips/
For electric services in Arlington, our expert electricians are here to help. We’re not only in Arlington, but serve the communities of Pantego, Mansfield, Dalworthington Gardens, Grand Prairie, Fort Worth, and Dallas. To make an appointment, call us at 817.261.3855 or schedule an appointment online with out electricians here: Schedule An Appointment